All things natural and homemade and delicious and lovely.
Once in a while I get stumped for what to make for dinner. I open up the fridge and think, “How can this go with that?” Sometimes I’m lucky. Sometimes not so much. Tonight I was incredibly lucky. This pizza turned out amazing. Oh my goodness it’s so tasty. Partly because I didn’t know if it would turn out ok. It far exceeded my expectations…enough that I had to post it on this blog.
I made a sourdough pizza crust beforehand. All it is is 1 cup of sourdough starter, 1 cup flour (I used 1/2 cup WW and 1 cup oat flour), and 1/4 cup coconut oil. Mix it all together and let it rise/set for at least 8 hours.
Roll out the pizza crust and brush it with coconut oil. Sprinkle some spices and salt on top.
Now you’re ready to put together your cauliflower pizza. Trust me, it’s super easy!
Here’s the recipe:
1 sourdough pizza crust, rolled out (see above for quick recipe) or your favorite pizza crust
3-5 heaping tablespoons cultured ketchup…enough to cover the crust
Plenty of cauliflower, chopped
Plenty of shredded cheese. I used Edam cheese.
Fresh basil, cut
1. Bake the pizza crust for 10-15 minutes. Should still be soft in the middle. You can use your favorite pizza crust recipe. Let the crust cool a bit.
2. Bake the cut up cauliflower for about 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
3. Spread the cultured ketchup on the pizza crust.
4. Spread the baked cauliflower onto the pizza crust.
5. Spread the cheese lavishly.
6. Sprinkle with fresh basil.