All things natural and homemade and delicious and lovely.
These are truly incredible. They are reallllly easy to make too.
This is my go-to veggie dish. You wouldn’t even know they are meat-free. In fact, you can make this dish gluten-free and dairy-free. Again, don’t be put off by it being vegetarian. It is very very very tasty. I’ve made it almost every day for my husband this week.
Incredible Bean & Veggie Patties
3 cups sprouted garbanzo beans and any other bean, cooked and mashed
1/2 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 carrot, shredded
3 celery sticks, diced very thin
3 teaspoons cumin
2 heaping tablespoons peanut butter
1 heaping tablespoon sourdough starter (or just WW flour)
2 tablespoons really good quality mayo (no canola oil!). I use homemade mayo.
1-2 teaspoons salt, to taste
1. Using a large pot and grapeseed or coconut oil (high heat oil), brown 1/2 onion. Add the garlic after the onion has browned a bit.
2. Add carrots and celery and cook for ~5 minutes. You can use a food processor for the carrots and celery.
3. Add the mashed beans. Turn down to a very low heat.
4. Add the cumin, peanut butter, sourdough starter (or ww flour), mayo, and salt. Take off the heat.
5. Add the egg to bind everything together.
6. Form little patties out of the mixture and fry up in grapeseed oil or coconut oil (high heat oil…don’t use olive oil because it denatures in high heat).
7. Enjoy with cucumbers, in burgers, or by themselves. They are indeed incredible!